Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, “It might have been”.Kurt Vonnegut
Happy New year everyone. I don’t have New year’s resolutions but I would love to share some self-care goals for 2019. As someone who was diagnosed with a few mental health illnesses, I believe that it is crucial that I put myself first in most situations. Not only for my mental health but for my spiritual health as well.
2019 Self-Care Goals
- If things feel wrong, I won’t pursue them or do them.
- I will say exactly what I mean without worrying about other people’s opinions. I will project my voice so that it is heard whilst being respectful.
- I won’t be a people pleaser. As someone who is extremely empathetic and altruistic, I tend to put other people’s needs before my own. I will put own needs before others’ needs for the first time.
- I will trust my intuition.
- I won’t speak badly about myself.
- I won’t give up on my dreams. No matter how long it takes me to achieve something or if I face hurdles that slow me down.
- I will be kind to myself.
- Letting go of things I cannot control.
- Not being afraid of saying No.
- Not being afraid of saying Yes.
- Staying away from drama and negative people.
- Learning from bad experiences and bettering myself.
- Loving life and what it has to offer me.
- Loving all the people in my life and knowing when to walk away if a relationship fails.
- Most importantly, trusting my own journey and believing in myself.
What are your goals or self-care goals for 2019?
Thank you for being with me. I look forward to seeing you here again soon. Let us rebuild a healthy state of mind.